[SL4] JOIN: Greetings.

From: Joel Pitt (jpp22@student.canterbury.ac.nz)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 07:59:42 MDT

Hi there,
I decided to go along with Eliezer Yudkowsky's suggested custom of new
members
introducing themselves. So I will.

My name is Joel Pitt, I'm studying towards a Computer Science (honours)
degree
at Canterbury University in New Zealand. It's my first year at Uni (and away
from home
for that matter), but I've graciously been allowed to do direct entry to the
2nd stage
courses so that the degree will take me only 3 rather then 4 years.

I got an A Bursary, although that probably doesn't mean much to anyone
outside of
New Zealand, and I have grown up surrounded by computers all my life. I
started
programming at about 7 (I always had to do some programming before I was
allowed
to play games... hehe), and my Dad currently works as a software educator.

I've been interested in technology all my life, I've recently been
interested in ALife
and that invariably led to me getting interested in AI and neural nets. I
also like
to think of myself as being SL4, but its kind of difficult not to be biased
when rating
yourself.

Night all, It's late and about time I get some sleep. Even though the middle
of the night
seems to be when my brain is most active.

I look forward to doing my part towards the singularity. :-)

Joel.

Make new friends, find the old at Classmates.com:
http://click.egroups.com/1/4052/10/_/626675/_/958744714/