RE: You know what's funny?

From: Patrick McCuller (patrick@kia.net)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 18:40:05 MDT

> Attacks on biotech and nanotech may eventually grow to the point where the
> major countries severely restrict development. This may have the effect of
> guaranteeing that AI is the winner of the race- since it still seen as so
> pie-in-the-sky it will likely be overlooked.
> --
> Brian Atkins

        I wouldn't be *too* sure of that. People have been clamoring about human
cloning since the discovery of DNA. Tangental research has been restricted,
even outlawed in many countries, and in our own enlightened land the federal
government won't fund it.

        Mind you, I'm against government funding on principle, but if you're going
to spend other people's money, you might as well do it wisely.

Patrick