Re: Webmind

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 01:26:30 MDT

Ben Goertzel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A few weeks ago I said that some better documentation on Webmind would be
> posted on the
> Web soon...
>
> Well, it wasn't quite as soon as I thought, but it's been done finally.
> Documents are listed
> at the left of the page
>
> http://www.webmind.com/productscore.html
>
> (I know, the site is ugly -- we're redoing the look & feel entirely in a
> month or so -- but
> that's beside the present point ;)
>
> I know this won't answer all your questions, because it was whittled down
> from a much larger
> internal document, and even that doesn't answer EVERYTHING for space
> reasons.... But this stuff
> is much more informative than what was previously released...
>
> The pages corresponding to our various products also contain some technical
> information,
> linked to at the left of the corresponding pages.

I have a huge problem with patenting aspects of artificial intelligence
architectures. This radically slows down research and development which
means it puts fences on the intellectual commons that impoverish us all.
It makes no more sense (and arguably less) than patenting the human
genome. Please point us to the relevant patent application. I hope you
have not tried to patent this node and link approach as many have
thought of it and worked with it independently.

- samantha