Re: Introducing the Singularity

From: Joaquim Almgren Gāndara (claw@lords.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 14:05:56 MST

Eliezer wrote:
> Incidentally, if at first you don't succeed - give up!

I don't quite agree with this. The effects of the Singularity will affect these people too -- shouldn't we put some effort into at least trying to make them understand that it could be a good thing? Won't the Singularity have rather negative effects on a race that is more or less unprepared? Although it is a cliche -- let's face it, those high school kids are the future!

- Joaquim Gāndara
. claw@lords.com
. http://www.ite.mh.se/~joaal98
. http://games.scandit.com