RE: Ben's "Extropian Creed"

From: Michael LaTorra (mike99@lascruces.com)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 11:05:49 MST

The Minimal Living Space, or what Poul Anderson called one's Basic Share (in
his novel of immortals _Boat of a Million Years_) would seem to be the
social safety net of the post-Singularity future.

And it would seem to be essential that individuals not be permitted/able to
give away their MLS.

Nor could they give away their personal freedom. At least, not permanently.
As Ben has pointed out, there are a lot of people who derive (sexual)
pleasure from submitting in a slave-like fashion to a Dominant (sex)
partner.

Regards,

Michael LaTorra
mike99@lascruces.com