RE: Ben's "Extropian Creed"

From: Samantha Atkins (satkins@intraspect.com)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 14:05:01 MST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sl4@sysopmind.com [mailto:owner-sl4@sysopmind.com]On Behalf
Of Brian Atkins
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 9:07 PM
To: sl4@sysopmind.com
Subject: Re: Ben's "Extropian Creed"

Samantha Atkins wrote:

> Humans will either transform or perish.

brian:
You still didn't read Diaspora did you? I don't see any reason that the
humans who want to can't stay on Earth and just keep living the same way
after the Singularity. Probably be a lot less of them around though, at
least for a while. The sysop can keep them from killing themselves off.
Might be interesting to see how far strictly human minds will be able to
develop technology.

--
samantha:
Of course I read Diaspora.  Of course some humans can choose not to