Re: Event horizon & Moravec

From: Spudboy100@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 11:22:22 MST

<<In practice it takes considerably advanced and
copious hardware to simulate biological systems fully down to the
cellular level or anywhere close. Perhaps I am missing something.

- samantha>>

Dr. Moravec believes that technology for computation and robotics will increase exponentially over the next milenium, and thus the capability to emulate phyiscal and biological functions will therefore become available
to SI's.

In his work Forever, For All, Dr. R. Michael Perry,(Phd. Computer Science) discusses the utility of phase conservation, a process that Perry describes as (I am paraphrasing) 'storing information of physical interactions on photons. As unlikely as this sort of technology sounds, it is a decent bet (as we understand quantum theories) for recovering the past. It need not be our generation or species that accomplishes this. But, for me, Perry and Moravec over intellectual stimualtion and hope.