RE: Six theses on superintelligence

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@webmind.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 20:21:00 MST

> 2. Self-enhancement: It seems likely to me that there is
> an optimal strategy of intelligence increase which
> cannot be bettered except by luck or by working solely
> within a particular problem domain, and that this
> strategy is in some way isomorphic to calculating
> successive approximations to Chaitin's halting
> probability for a Turing machine given random input.

This seems phenomenally, almost absurdly unlikely to me...
but of course, even I'm not always right, your intuition may
end up being on target

My intuition is that there's going to be a huge diversity of possible ways
to achieve intelligence increase by self-enhancement, each one with its own
advantages and disadvantages in various environments.

-- ben