Re: Learning to be evil

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 23:39:11 MST

I think I'm going to have to veto the thread at this point as "not of
general interest", unless someone else steps in. When the "beyond
evolution" thread broke off, both Samantha and I were in agreement at
least some form of Sysop has to be universal and inescapable (no matter
where you go, a piece of it goes with you), though (again, as the thread
broke off) Samantha was arguing for prevention of permanent irrevocable
damage, rather than my own interpretation of Friendliness, which is a
blanket prohibition on all non-volitional interaction.

Further discussion is vetoed as too-basic and NOGI. If you have further
questions, please direct them to me personally (unless someone else wants
to volunteer to handle it).