RE: The Singularity and the quantum mind

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@webmind.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 10:49:09 MST

I agree that there isn't good evidence that quantum theory (or other
advanced physics theories)
are needed to explain consciousness.

However, this is a separate issue from whether quantum computing could
supply intelligent machines
with a heck of a lot of thinking power

Similarly, whether the brain uses quantum computing to help it solve
computational problems faster,
is a separate question from whether quantum phenomena underly the brain's
consciousness...

Ben