JOIN: Declan McCullagh

From: Declan McCullagh (lists@politechbot.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 22:06:12 MST

This is my joining message.

I'm a writer, programmer, and photographer. I live and work in
Washington, DC and write about politics and technology. I'm not here
to write about this forum, but to listen, contribute, and hopefully
learn something.

I've been on the 'Net since '88, and was online in the BBS world
before that. I moderate politech (politechbot.com), which is a
well-known (in some circles) mailing list about the future of
politics, privacy, technology, and the law. If you're terribly
curious, you can find out more at mccullagh.org, and see examples
of my analog photography.

I went to Carnegie Mellon University and studied cognitive science
under the late Dr. Herb Simon. I went there because it had the best
cogsci program in the country, but since then I've fallen out of touch
with what's happening in the field. I'd like to change that.

-Declan
(email at declan@well.com)