RE: "all your base" - distress call, or attack?

From: Patrick McCuller (patrick@kia.net)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 13:11:07 MST

> Since several people have (sigh) actually asked - YES, that post was
> humorously intended. The phrase derives from a computer game that was
> badly translated into English. As far as I know, this is the real
> explanation and not merely a deceptive smokescreen intended to throw us
> off the track of the horrifying truth.

        Actually this is the perfect smokescreen. It's just the sort of thing a
superintelligent being could pull off. Maybe something out there is just
testing the waters!!!

        Your message was obviously intended to be funny, but it was mostly funny to
me because of the core of truth in it. We should think about stuff like this.

Patrick McCuller