META: Gender-neutrality has been used up

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 21:58:57 MDT

There appears to be a widespread opinion that this discussion has gone on
too long. I therefore declare the topic to have been "used up". Let it
never again arise, so long as the archives stand, unless somebody has
something really original to say about it.

(For the curious: My personal decision was to keep the ve/ver/vis usage
in my papers, but spring it on the reader a little deeper in the document
instead of declaring it right on the front page.)