Re: Si definition of Friendliess

From: Chris Cooper (coop666@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 15:56:40 MDT

>With all due respect Chris, should I need to 'tear down' a Chevy 350 engine
I would spend time & sweat on learning anything I can about engines (even if
it takes me 3 years) before asking for help... or I'd ask someone else to do
it. I wouldn't expect someone to dumb it down for me.<

Arona,
  That's great. I was just trying to point out that not everyone approaches
learning things the same way as you do. I learned how to rebuild motors with
help from my grandfather, and not only did I learn something rewarding and
interesting, I was able to have a nice experience with someone close to me.
Neither you or I are wrong in the way that we approach learning something new,
only different.

Other folks will, like it or not, want a "dumbed-down" version of the
Singularity,if only as an introduction. Some may be up to the task of pursuing
this subject further, others may not. I see no harm in providing an
opportunity.

COOP