Re: Singularity intros (was: Si definition of Friendliess)

From: Chris Cooper (coop666@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 16:19:08 MDT

 All good points. I agree that not everyone, or even most, would be willing to do
the homework to fully understand this subject. Raising the public's awareness, even
a tiny bit, could only be of benefit in the long run, IMO. If no one on this list
is willing to take on such a task, I would understand. Neither would I. I do think
that somebody will be talking about the Singularity in easy-to-digest sound bites
on the evening news eventually. It seems inevitable, in fact. I just hope that the
pro- Singularity memes get out there before the anti- technology ones start making
the talk- show circuit.

COOP