Re: Singularity and the general public

From: Chris Cooper (coop666@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 17:17:35 MDT

"Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" wrote:
>Why is it that, every time anyone ever divides humanity into the "elite"
and the "masses", they always wind up categorizing themselves as one of
the elite?

Well, you're free to call yourself the elite, just as I'm free to look at
the sentence above and decide that you're being pushed around by
elementary group-polarization forces, thus placing firm upper bounds on
your probable levels of self-awareness and knowledge of evolutionary
psychology.<

 To quote Homer Simpson, "Now THAT'S PSYCHOLOGY!!"

Thanks for summing up my problems with Christian's comments FAR more elegantly
than I ever could.

COOP