Re: Moravec's estimates?

From: Brian Atkins (brian@posthuman.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 18:52:23 MDT

The Blue Gene chips will have 16MB RAM on-die last I heard. Now that is
going to be shared I guess by the 32 CPUs that will be on each die, so it
isn't a lot. But it should have fantastic stream numbers. The total machine
should have around 500GB of RAM from what I calculate.

Hard to believe we are already closing in on 18 months since Blue Gene was
announced.

--
Brian Atkins
Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence