Good AI development languages

From: Peter Voss (peter@optimal.org)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 10:33:14 MDT

I'm experimenting with C# (no results quite yet). It seems to have all of
the advantages of Java (other than being 'standard') yet allows the option
of memory management. This combination may well give one the best of both
worlds.

Does anyone here have experience with C#?

I'll report back once I get a better feel for the language.

For those who don't know about C# -

http://genamics.com/developer/csharp_comparative.htm

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-11-2000/jw-1122-csharp1_p.html

http://www.hitmill.com/programming/dotNET/csharp.html#announce

peter@optimal.org www.optimal.org

 -----Original Message----- from Ben:
Furthermore, garbage collection in existing JVM's is fantastically
inefficient for programs creating billions of objects. It seems that the
JVM is not tuned for truly large-scale applications.