RE: Webmind Inc.

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@webmind.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 16:59:22 MDT

There are many current incarnations of Webmind AI Engine, but most of them
are partial. That is, the developers working on cognitive dynamics run the
system with the linguistic module disabled; the developers working on the
linguistics module run the system with the cognitive dynamics stuff running
in its simplest mode, etc. The people working on the "core system" run all
the modules at once, but only in their simplest modes. We need some serious
performance optimization in order to get the whole system able to hold a
conversation with you, i.e. all the modules working together in "smart
modes" at once.

So, alas, there's no version of Webmind that can hold a conversation with
you about the company that owns it going broke. If there were, then I guess
we wouldn't be in this situation. With a Webmind that was complete to that
extent, I'm sure we would have engineered an acquisition deal by now with
some major firm.

ben