RE: A fairly concrete path to the Singularity

From: Patrick McCuller (patrick@kia.net)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 11:47:26 MDT

> Mizar syntax can be used for codifying CS knowledge, but, it's not specially
> tuned for it.

        That's what I should have said. Even a short Mizar article is very difficult
for me to read as it is. They have theorems expressed in thousands and
thousands of lines. What I don't know is how many software programs exist that
can read and verify them?

http://www.compaq.com/java/download/fastvm_ovms/1.3.0/index.html#Requirements

>From the release notes:

"By default, the Fast VM uses 32-bits to store pointers in objects, which
limits the amount of virtual memory available to Java applications. With the
default, the memory allocation pool (Java heap) is limited to about 3
gigabytes. The Fast VM provides an option to use 64-bits for pointers, which
significantly increases the amount of memory available to Java applications.
To use the 64-bit option, specify java -fast64 rather than java -fast. "

Patrick McCuller