Re: A fairly concrete path to the Singularity

From: Spudboy100@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 16:04:49 MDT

In a message dated 4/26/2001 5:30:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ben@webmind.com writes:

<< Understood. There's a 370-page book that describes how our system works,
 and it's currently available only to people who need to see it, and under
 NDA....

 Unfortunately, most of our experimentation with various parts of the system
 has ~not~ been systematically recorded. But it's all there in our brains,
 and the code isn't going to run away (yet ;)

 ben >>
If you are really on the cusp of setting up a kind of nonmilitary "Skynet," I
find this kind of chilling, in a good way. It would be akin to detecting
intelligent civilizations in the galaxy, something exciting, unpredictable,
and hard to grasp the outcome. I (for my grubby little role in this list)
will keep my mouth shut since I sympathize with your efforts to run this
project without interference. But it is one of those odd moments, I as a
nervous system, experience when "things suddenly change."

Mitch