RE: Convincing wealthy benefactors to back real AI research

From: Damien Broderick (d.broderick@english.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 21:50:38 MDT

If Ray Kurzweil is reading the list, as I believe Brian was hinting the
other day, I'd like to see his assessment of Ben's project. If Ray regards
it as viable or even extremely promising, I imagine he'd be very well
placed to get together a consortium to fund the thing; perhaps even throw
some bucks of his own at it--maybe some of that half mill prize-money. :)

I know this is an impertinent suggestion. Still.

Damien Broderick