hello

From: Aaron McBride (amcbride@jps.net)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 03:31:53 MDT

Hi all,
I'm part way through reading the docs at intelligence.org. So far, it's very
interesting.
I am a programmer (excuse me... Software Engineer.. blaw blaw blaw), and
have done some work with AI in Java (probably not the best lang. for neural
networks). Lately I've been doing a lot of work with PHP (very practical,
but not so formal), but none of it really having anything to do with true
AI (whatever that is).

I'd say that I'm more in Rodney Brooks' camp than Minsky's. Mark Tilden's
work also highly interests me, except it's kind of hard for a programmer to
get his feet wet in it.

I have a feeling that in order to create an AI that is truly self aware,
it's going to need some hardware components that work at a fundamentally
different level than current CPUs. A quantum leap you might say. ;) This
would allow the richness of thought that I find impossible in a purely
digital system.

That's all for now.
-Aaron