META: Replies

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 17:12:23 MDT

Okay, I think that Eliezer is getting too nice, so I'm going to step
in and write something. When you are writing out your replies,
please don't quote the whole message. After reading a month of
posts, I'd say that 40% of the text was unneeded quoted text. It's
okay if you quote a little extra to give context, especially when
it's been a long time since the last post in a thread, but is it so
much to ask that you snip stuff out when you reply? I mean, either
reply to the relavent text or give some indication of to whom you are
replying and cut the text out that you are not responding to directly
(e.g. if you are writng a whole message response, don't copy their
whole message).

Thanks. :-)

--
Gordon Worley