Re: superintelligence and ethical egoism

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 23:39:47 MDT

At 9:22 PM -0700 6/2/01, Samantha Atkins wrote:
<snip attacks on egoism>

I agree that egoism is not a good philosophy for an SI or at least I
don't see the proof of it. A lot of it is silly; I was just trying
to explain since I could.

Now, I would like to point out that there are certain characteristics
of egoists that I think an AI should have, but these same
characteristics would show up under other circumstances. Regardless
of what I think are important characteristics in any intelligence, so
long as the AI is Friendly, anything else is just a matter of what ve
thinks will allow ver to best complete vis goals.

--
Gordon Worley
http://www.rbisland.cx/