Re: Effective(?) AI Jail

From: Jordan Dimov (jdimov@cis.clarion.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 01:53:56 MDT

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, James Rogers wrote:

> I'll have to agree with the other poster who found this to be an absurd
> proposition.

Evidently none of you have ever fallen in love by just talking to someone
on the other end of the world. Humans tend to be sociable and naively
trusting, just in case you haven't noticed. In fact, I'm willing to bet
that a lot of people on this list have gotten into the whole transhumanist
business by sitting in front of a terminal.