Re: Inevitability of Singularity

From: Brian Atkins (brian@posthuman.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 12:42:00 MDT

"Christian L." wrote:

> >we try to support other organizations like ExI and now Pro-Act which was
> >announced at Extro 5.
>
> I ran a google on Pro-Act... only found a security company with that name.
> Could be copyright problems...? Are they supporters of the Singularity or
> more SL3 and transhumanistic stuff?

See progressaction.org, they are still in infancy stage, and will be
initially targeting the SL3 and below issues. But that could change
in the future if necessary.. they share our desires regarding developing
AI. They plan I think to take a tack similar to Foresight and get
people and companies whose livelihood depends on technology to ally
themselves together.

--
Brian Atkins
Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence