Re: Unambiguous Language WAS: MEME: A.I.: Artificial Intelligence

From: Durant Schoon (durant@ilm.com)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 13:43:55 MDT

> Hi. I like Durant's thorough treatment of lingual ambiguity
> (especially the COOKIE RECEPIE :). Thanks.

Uh, not quite thorough. If only there were a (computational) linguist
on the list, then we'd get somewhere!

PS -

One of the coolest things I've seen regarding languages (as
linguistics relates to computer science) is the Chomsky Hierarchy
which matches the power of languages with the power of machines:

see:
        http://www.netaxs.com/people/nerp/automata/chomsky4.html

--
Durant Schoon