RE: Who is working on Real AI?

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@webmind.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 11:51:41 MDT

My view, as has been stated repeatedly, is somewhere between Eli's view and
the view of sunrise2000 ....

I'm not sure we can engineer Friendliness as thoroughly as Eli thinks, but
I'm pretty confident we can do *something* stronger than ignore the whole
issue and blithely create AI's without worrying about their ethical
orientations at all...

ben