Re: sleep and communal dreaming (was RE: UnambiguousLanguage...)

From: James Higgins (jameshiggins@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 16:52:42 MDT

Actually I would much rather have a well designed, open society than what
we have now. Assuming our current society could be completely reworked to
remove the negative elements I wouldn't mind at all having information
about me be available. Heck, their already is considerable information
about me out there, but in sub-societies (such as this one).

However, unless we obtain the ability to transcend or end up with a sysop
that changes all the rules anything similar to the below idea would have
many more negatives than positives to belonging.

And actually I would still mind being "hunted as a witch" even if I
couldn't be burned at the stake. A society that would have such things
would also be poorly designed. In a truly well designed society no one
would persecute others for their beliefs, no matter how much they deviated
from theirs. At least as long as those beliefs did not intrude on
them. Someone with a belief such as "all life on earth should be
exterminated" (and who planned to work toward this goal) would still be
problematic.

James Higgins