Re: META: Archive Etiquette

From: Christian L. (n95lundc@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 09:04:20 MDT

Eliezer wrote:
>Considering that the SL4 archives are large and not currently searchable,
>it seems to me that saying "Look in http://sysopmind.com/archive-sl4/" is
>probably unfair to the referred party (you're not being singled out,
>Christian; this has happened several times before). I usually try to hunt
>down at least one direct message reference, often by searching through my
>local, full-text copy of SL4, before referring the person on.

Yes, I dwelled on this when I wrote the message. I was slightly pressed for
time when I wrote the message, otherwise I would have tried to find a
suitable message in there.

Also, since Jack seems to be new to this list, I wasn't sure that he even
knew that the SL4-list had an archive (correct me if I'm wrong here, I
didn't at first) so the link was also meant as a way to see what has been
discussed in the past (not only about the topic in question).

[rummaging trough the archives]

Oops... It would seem that this topic hadn't been brought up before on the
SL4 list. However, I would wager that most people on this list would agree
that AI beats IA for various reasons (for example the ones in my message).

/Christian

/Christian