Re: Semi-nonspoiler review: "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within"

From: Brian Atkins (brian@posthuman.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 20:06:30 MDT

One good thing about the movie was the very realistic VR. As more movies
like this are made, and become as realistic as our everyday world, this
may help make people a bit more willing to accept ideas like uploading.
While the environments in this movie were not completely 100% real looking,
they were close enough that I could imagine myself existing and living
within them.

--
Brian Atkins
Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence