Re: Notification of offlist threads

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 16:56:07 MDT

At 3:56 PM -0400 7/17/01, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
>Hm, IMO I don't think either of those threads are worth looking up; the
>one with Chris McKinstry didn't get very far, and the one with Mark Gubrud
>just isn't worth it. Still, I suppose others might think otherwise.

<rant>I didn't check out the threads, but if Mark is involved, you
can almost be assured that the discussion will go nowhere. He loves
to debate and attack with basic questions that he knows we won't
answer well because they seem so silly to us (we being the SL4ers).
On Nanodot he has regularly used such techniques to prevent
discussion and keep others down at SL2 and lower. Anyway, this guy
pisses me off and I just ignore him now, but if you want to take a
shot at debating with him, be my guest.</rant>

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://homepage.mac.com/redbird/   said, `it means just what I choose