RE: augmenting humans is difficult and slow...

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@webmind.com)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 06:16:46 MDT

Oops, after I sent this I realized that someone might interpret it as a
racist comment.

See, I come from a Jewish background too, though not nearly as strict of one
as Eli, and I think there is something particularly Jewish-culture-ish about
being a "nervous optimist" ... about worrying about what could go wrong even
while envisioning things as probably going right.... Perhaps to people from
other cultural backgrounds, this kind of attitude is not quite so natural ;)

-- ben g