Re: IQ testing for half-baked AI's

From: Spudboy100@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 23:55:35 MDT

In a message dated 7/31/2001 1:44:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mjporter@U.Arizona.EDU writes:

<< What I meant was, I have no idea how to get to that point. >>

Understood. This seems to be a truly colaborative effort. People will develop
the mechanism, I suspect, as answers to specific problems, that require
computational physics, chemistry, biology, math, and engineering. In the next
few years, one might even see philosophy departments (British?) add smart
servers and workstations to enhance their "deep" questions, for example.
Marketing firms may use it to rapidly model and anticipate changes in
customer demand, and so forth. Perhaps meterologists will get greater
crunching power, in the comming decade, for their forecasts. Its not called
evolution for nothing, and what survives is what is either luckiest, or what
fits the environment successfully enough to spawn children.

Mitch