Re: Floppy take-off

From: Joaquim Almgren Gāndara (claw@lords.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 18:06:54 MDT

> Very true. But if we can get an AI to at least a 1.0 level, then
give it
> sufficient processing power so that it is much, much faster than a
human,
> it will progress on its own. Because it will make tiny advances
over time
> (on it's time scale) which would lead to 1.1, 1.2, 1.5, 2.0, etc.
If 1.5
> takes more processing power, it could slow itself down some but
improve the
> quality of its thought.

I don't quite understand this. Why place the threshold at 1.0? What
evidence is there indicating that the average human (plus AI
advantages such as codic cortex) is smart enough to progress to higher
levels of intelligence? Why not someone half as smart (0.5) or 1.5 or
7.0 or any other arbitrary number? I think you're being
antropocentric.

- Joaquim Gāndara
. http://www.ite.mh.se/~joaal98/