Re: Dumbasses vs. AI researchers

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 09:24:15 MDT

If we knew more about what distinguishes a
dumbass from an AI researcher in humans, it
could help us figure out how to design a better
AI.

We know that the gross size of the brain is not
what distinguishes a dumbass from an AI researcher.
The variables I'm aware of that could be relevant
are (a) number of synapses and how well they are
organized, (b) different allocations of the
brain's regions to tasks, and (c) neurochemical
differences like production rate of neurotransmitters
or number of receptors per synapse.

Are any of you aware of research on the above, or
have additional variables I didn't mention?

Daniel