Re: [HUMOR] Re: The Iconoclast's Beautitudes

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 20:11:20 MDT

Gordon Worley wrote:

> At 8:30 PM -0400 9/23/01, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
> >1. Blessed are
>
> 10. Blessed is Eli. ;-)

9. Blessed are they that defy both criticism and praise.

Thanks. But seriously, I don't think that ideas - *especially* good ideas
- should be attached to people. Good ideas are independent of the people
who propose them; at least, good ideas of the nontechnical sort.

On a totally unrelated note, I prefer to go by "Eliezer" in text. "Eli"
is only for speech. In writing it looks like a brand of cheesecake. Just
one of my little quirks...