Re: mind.sourceforge.net

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 13:14:51 MDT

Xavier Lumine wrote:

> Mentifex wrote:
> >
> >http://sourceforge.net/projects/mind/
>
> What architecture is Mind based on? Agents?

Well, I've never been able to figure it out from looking at Mentifex's
diagram at
  http://mind.sourceforge.net/
and I still can't figure it out from looking at
  http://cvs.sf.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mind/Modules/Mind.f?rev=1.1.1.1
except that it seems to involve classical-AI processing of Chomskian
grammars by assignment of individual computational tokens to words, which
is of course one of the all-time GOFAI mistakes. I don't think this AI
project has gotten up to the agent level yet, and if there's any
contamination by GISAI or modern cognitive science, it is not evident.