New Term: Apexmind?

From: Mitch Howe (mitch_howe@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 13:28:52 MDT

I want opinions on my following nomination for a very handy new term. I feel there is a pressing need for a title that is neutral in connotation and general in scope.

Apexmind: A superintelligence with the final word on how resources are allocated and how the affairs of all other minds are regulated.

This is meant to be an all-inclusive term for any mind that fits the definition. An Apexmind can be an evil overmind bent on making slaves of humanity and depriving it of resources. It can also be the most liberal, Friendly Sysop concerned only with protecting those who want its protections. It can easily provide the OS of a vast network of simulations, but it can just as easily parcel out resources equally to all and offer no other services of any kind. Human minds and superintelligences alike could be subject to its decisions. The only thing to remember about an Apexmind is that it is at the pinnacle of authority.

Sysop scenarios, benevolent dictatorships, and other concepts could then be discussed as different possibilities among Apexminds.

--Mitch Howe