From: Aaron McBride (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 09:57:46 MDT
Possibly a meme we should be promoting.
• First, to be autonomic, a system needs to "know
itself" and compromise components that also possess a system
• An autonomic system never settles for the status quo; it always
looks for ways to optimize.
• An autonomic system must configure and reconfigure itself under
varying and unpredictable conditions.
• An autonomic system must be its own doctor; it must be able to
recover from routine and extraordinary events that might cause some parts
• An autonomic computing system must be an expert in
• An autonomic computing system knows its environment and the
context surrounding its activity, and acts accordingly.
• An autonomic system cannot exist in a hermetic environment and
must adhere to open standards.
• An autonomic computing system will anticipate the optimized
resources needed to meet a user's information needs while keeping its
complexity hidden from the user. "
Sounds a lot like a Seed-AI to me.
"IBM will open up a substantial grant program with more than 50
grants available to support this effort." Any way we could get
our hands on some of this money?
Someone may also want to contact this author when the time is right for
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5
: Wed Jul 17 2013 - 04:00:37 MDT