Re: [ARTICLE] TheAtlantic: New Life for Moore's Law

From: SCN User (mentifex@scn.org)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 18:53:04 MST

Sabine Atkins, http://www.posthuman.com wrote:

> New Life for Moore's Law [...]

And since Moore's Law states that computer chip processing power
doubles every... what? 18 months? we AI entrepreneurs are in
danger of being outstripped and left in the dust by hardware
advances that evolve far beyond our puny AI efforts such as
http://mind.sourceforge.net/mindloop.html -- Flowchart of Mind.

Self-promoting (but actually AI and Singlarity-promoting) plug --
the Shock Level Four mail list has been duly mentioned by link at
http://nanomagazine.com -- see the interview with this member.

Arthur T. Murray, http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/

--
http://www.nanomagazine.com/nanomagazine/01_10_24 -- see SL4 link.