Re: New website: The Simulation Argument

From: Alden Jurling (nakomus@cnsp.com)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 20:23:43 MST

I've been lurking here for awhile, but I felt I should reply to this.
Your algorithm/computation need only consider the elements that are relevant
to what you're modeling. If you assume that the SI running the
simulation/computation is doing it for a *reason, then you can expect the
simulation (and hence the minds in it) to be optimized for whatever that
would be. Many questions that can be answered by a complete simulation of
some phenomenon can also be answered by a simulation of a approximation of
that phenomenon, at much reduced cost in computing power.