Re: New website: The Simulation Argument

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 07:54:00 MST

On Tuesday, December 4, 2001, at 01:23 AM, Jeff Bone wrote:

> death, etc. The analogy is complicated a bit because this simulation
> is "convolved"
> with physical reality, but the Sysop's internal state is indeed a
> highly detailed and
> comprehensive simulation of the physical environment, and that
> simulation molds
> activity in the physical world. This differs from the "model"
> maintained by e.g. a

Figuring out how the Sysop works, ehh?

Computationally, this is too expensive for a practical Sysop to work.
The Sysop need not know the state of everything, but be there when
needed. Re the Unix Scenario, where the environment alerts the Sysop
when needed.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose