Re: Adaptive Intelligence Inc - Incubation

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 08:33:42 MST

Dmitriy Myshkin wrote:

> >This is
> >a list for all Singularityfolk - technically, it has nothing to do with
> >SIAI at all; it's just one person's mailing list.
>
> What irked me had nothing to do with SIAI... it was the blatant
> declaration of the intent to directly monetize transhuman AI.

What's wrong with monetizing the prehuman interim applications of an AI
project? And where did the word "transhuman" appear in Peter Voss's
post? Knowing Peter Voss, it's pretty easy to guess that he's thinking
about reaching for transhumanity at some point in his company's lifetime,
but I doubt most strongly that he thinks a transhuman sentience would
permit verself to be packaged and sold. Though of course Peter Voss can
speak for himself in this.