Re: Michael Anissimov's 'Shock Level Analysis'

From: Paul Hughes (psiphius@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 15:04:01 MST

--- Brian Phillips <deepbluehalo@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Ah. My background is behavioural, self-analysis is
> traditional. I
> would prefer a Penrose Universe, where sentience is
> not
> computable.

Why is that? I would prefer a universe in which the
maximum amount of things are possible. Since
sentience is where the whole ball game is, I would
prefer that we have maximum degrees of freedom in what
we can do with that sentience (i.e I would rather have
the choice to upload or not to upload than no choice
at all). Wouldn't you?

Paul