Re: Michael Anissimov's 'Shock Level Analysis'

From: DarkVegeta26@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 17:42:13 MST

In a message dated 1/17/2002 7:43:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
michaelroyames@hotmail.com writes:

<< The SL4 list would seem to me to be exactly the right forum for Eliezer's
 "no-punches-pulled", straight-talk criticism.

 Michael Anissimov: I found your SL Analysis both enjoyable, amusing and
 informative... but the criticism was very good also. Roll with the punches,
 Michael... **become** a better writer! I look forward to reading your
 future efforts. >>

Thanks for the encouragement. I found the criticism valuable as well. Yes,
I suppose this should be the forum that sets the highest standards for its
member's writings. Incidentally, I've created a forum for more "open
speculation", memetics discussions, and whatnot, for a more "nonprofessional
audience"; <A HREF="Singularitarian_Collective-subscribe@yahoogroups.com">The
Singularitarian Collective</A>. Yep, I'm hoping to learn a lot as I start
writing more and more. (it was nice to get my first criticism from Eli
himself, actually.)

Michael Anissimov