Re: Telling the world

From: Josh Yotty (joshyotty@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 16:52:25 MST

From: "Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" <sentience@pobox.com>
>Yes, I agree, it always irked me too. I hate it when people use weak or
>invalid arguments for correct views.

Just so you know, I think that the "God thinks pi is three" argument is weak
as well. There are several reasons why the values in the Bible would be
inaccurate (rounding error, measuring error). I've never used this argument
as a *proof* that all of religion is incorrect. It's a quirk; get over it.

The point of the (true) story was to illustrate their irrationality, not my
stupidity. Apparently both were revealed. :)

And let no more be said on this subject.

- Josh Yotty