Re: Neural Nets vs. Neurons

From: Arona Ndiaye (andiaye@chello.nl)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 07:40:15 MST

>>My point in the previous message was if no clever
>>way to do AI is made to work first, then a brute
>>force simulation of the brain should work.
>>
>>Daniel

That is where it goes wrong, it would not be a 'simulation' of the brain, not
even a crude one, not even a baby one. It will solely remain a vague
approximation. Trying to design and build an AGI based on a shaky approximate
model is where it goes wrong. I do not believe a '37173 h4x0r' hacker-type
approach is a sensible choice. That's how I see things.