Re: Sadness on voluntary death (was: Singularity Memetics)

From: Deacon Kuhns (deacon@teacher.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 14:37:05 MST

Eliezer,

I'm curious as to whether if it were possible, you would propose forcing people to upload regardless of whether they want to or not. It kind of seems that this is the logical extension of what you are saying.

Yet, plenty of people will say that YOU will be killing yourself voluntarily if you upload. So in the same way, wouldn't you be very opposed to a prohibition of uploading?

Seems to me that there is something to be said for relativism.

Deacon!

--
Anything worth doing is worth doing with STYLE,
Super-string = Super-style,
Now all that's left is the bull's <CENSORED>:
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a